The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and named after former Cleveland US Rep. Louis Stokes who served as a leading figure in Unites States Congress in matters concerning civil rights, equality, and social and economic justice.
The mission of the LSAMP IINSPIRE Alliance is to increase the number of underrepresented minority (URM) STEM graduates in the alliance and to build a foundation for greater increases in future years. Due to students from populations historically underrepresented in STEM disciplines being a growing segment of the region’s population, there is statewide urgency to remove the barriers to progress in developing a diverse STEM workforce.
The alliance set forth the following objectives to guide alliance-wide activities:
- Community-based and student recruiting
- Bridge programs and transitions
- Faculty engagement and inclusive pedagogy
- Student research opportunities, mentoring, and training
- Mentor training
- Project management, communication, and institutional integration
- Assessment and evaluation
iinspireBrochure.pdf the LSAMP IINSPIRE Brochure!
The ui-lsamp_student_handbook.pdf for current students